Toronto Loves LG6
The LG G6 Becomes the Official Smartphone of the Toronto Maple Leafs and Toronto Raptors
On April 7, 2017 LG Electronics Canada will launch its latest smartphone, the LG G6, making it the official phone of the Toronto Maple Leafs and Toronto Raptors. This is an extension of an ongoing Platinum Level partnership with the MLSE and LG’s premium G and V series smartphones, home electronics and home appliances.
The deal gives LG access to leverage the teams with promotions supporting the smartphones in the arena and beyond. Raptors Point Guard, Cory Joseph, is a fan of the LG G6 and is its Canadian ambassador. He will be featured in LG G6 marketing activities, ranging from personal appearances to advertising and public relations.
“The all new, LG G6 was designed with consumers in mind, and in Canada that means a deep-rooted love of our home-teams,” says Shelly Walia, Mobile Communication Brand Manager, LG Electronics Canada. “The LG G6 will help us brings fans closer to the teams and players they love. With 4K content, second screen engagement and new broadcasting abilities in live streaming, LG opens up new ways for fans to engage with and support their teams.”
LG Electronics’ G6 smartphone features a large screen within an ergonomically designed body that fits within the palm of your hand. Highly regarded by industry experts, the LG G6 won an unprecedented 31 booth awards at the recent Mobile World Congress (MWC) 2017. Additional honours were awarded from various international titles and publications attending the show such as Wired, Android Authority, Digital Trends, and PCMag. TechRadar designated the G6 as the best smartphone of MWC 2017.
LG G6 Smartphone Highlights:
- 5.7 inch display with a unique 18:9 aspect ratio
- QHD+ Resolution by Dolby VisionTM to give you an immersive cinematic viewing experience
- FullVision Display is made possible by 80% Screen to Body Ratio that is complemented by aluminum and glass
- LG G6 fits comfortably in one hand allowing you to have a viewing experience without the inconvenience of a big phone
- Dual 13MP rear camera. The wide angle camera has 125 degree lens to capture panoramic shots
- Four different square camera modes, GIF generator
- IP68 water and dust resistant
“The LG G6 has the ability to take the fan experience to the next level,” says Jeff Deline, Vice President, Global Partnerships, Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment. ”Whether it’s in arena, watching from home or following along on the G6 while on-the-go, LG innovations make the game more exciting, more interactive and even more fun for fans.”