ST. PATRICK’S DAY PARTY TIPS
Throw A Shamrockin’ St. Patrick’s Day Party
With Irish Flavor And Color From McCormick
It doesn’t take the Luck o’ the Irish to throw a great St. Patrick’s Day party. McCormick has developed tips and recipes for a festive celebration you’ll enjoy as much as your guests – including a make-ahead corned beef and ideas for using food color to tint food and drinks green.
“Irish or not, St. Patrick’s Day is a holiday everyone loves to celebrate,” said Mary Beth Harrington of the McCormick Kitchens. “This year, in addition to green beer and treats, we developed easy recipes to bring the classic flavors of the Emerald Isle to the party table, from adding caraway seeds to store-bought cheese spread to making corned beef and cabbage in a slow cooker.”
Make-Ahead Celtic Classics
Serve a one-pot recipe that’s made in advance so you can spend more time socializing. Try one of these crowd-pleasing Irish favorites as your main dish:
- Slow Cooker Corned Beef and Cabbage – Let your slow cooker do the work. With a prep time of just 10 minutes, this Irish staple simmers in flavor throughout the day, making a delicious and tender party entree.
- Shepherd’s Pie with Cumin & Smashed Chickpeas – Serve up this make-ahead one-dish meal bursting with flavor from hearty chickpeas, potatoes, roasted cumin, seasoned beef and lamb. Simply bake before adding to the party fare.
Get Car-Away-ed with Irish Flavor
Caraway is a classic ingredient in Irish cuisine. Add caraway to sips and sides for more authentic party fare:
- Caraway Cheese Spread – Add an Irish touch to store-bought cheese spread by stirring in caraway seeds – it’s a cinch to prepare.
- Irish Soda Bread – A simple quick bread, try either a Traditional or Irish Cheddar version for a delicious side to your savory dinners.
- Caraway Stout Cocktail – Prepare a caraway-infused simple syrup to flavor this cocktail that uses Irish whiskey and traditional stout beer.
It’s Easy Being Green
Use this St. Patrick’s Day Color Guide for tinting store-bought frosting and cake mix in seven shades of green. Add green food color to drinks, appetizers or desserts to add even more Irish flair to your table:
- Irish Spuds and Dip – Tint your ranch dip green and pair with potato wedges for a simple appetizer.
- Green Beer – Add a few drops of green food color to your favorite ice-cold brew for an easy St. Patrick’s themed beverage.
- Leprechaun Lemonade – Serve this alcohol-free green lemonade, perfect for little Leprechauns and adults alike.
- Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies – Turn a classic into a green-tinted minty chocolate chip cookie perfect for St. Pat’s.
- Easy Green Velvet Cupcakes – Surprise your guests with this green velvet treat that takes cake mix to delicious new heights with vanilla extract, sour cream and cocoa.