HEALTHY HAIR: WINTER CARE
Making a Resolution for Healthy, Strong and Beautiful Hair
The holiday season means holiday parties, which also means “holiday hair.” This usually means more styling – hair dryers, curling and/or straightening irons, color, pull it back or pile it high. Add tight ponytails, braids, relaxers, color, heat, tight curlers, and your hair will be screaming for mercy.
Don’t despair—it is possible to get your hair on a healthy post-holiday regimen, with a few tips from BIOTA Botanicals, the herbal care experts:
- Hydrate from the inside out: Like our skin, our hair is comprised of proteins that eed moisture to function. But, unlike skin, which has its own supply of moisture from within, hair does not. So, once the moisture is gone — it’s gone. Dry hair can be coarse, static and prone to tangles and breakage.Our hair is comprised of 5 percent water and 95 percent protein. For healthy hair that is soft and bouncy, make sure you’re taking in enough water to meet the body’s minimal requirements. When deprived of adequate water, the body becomes dehydrated, which directly impacts your hair.
- Eat your way to a healthy looking head of hair: Strong, vibrant hair depends on a healthy and balanced diet. So make sure yours is a nourishing mix of protein – the building block of healthy looking hair – plus complex carbohydrates, and vitamins and minerals.By taking in proper nutrients, you help fortify the hair follicles and the scalp that surrounds it. Healthier follicles… healthy scalp… healthy hair.
- Wash hair with a mild shampoo: All that extra styling means more washing. Look for herbal-sourced shampoos, like BIOTA Botanicals – and gently massage your scalp while shampooing. Plus, hair washing keeps your scalp clean and fresh, and can give the impression of more volume than dirty hair, which tends to sit flatter on the head. If you don’t wash your hair every day, try BIOTA Botanicals Advanced Herbal Serum for faster-growing, thicker looking, stronger, fuller-looking hair.
- Be gentle with your hair: If you can go au natural, do. The less heat and stress on your hair, the better. Avoid frequent, constant heating and drying procedures as heat weakens hair proteins. So, constant heating and drying can lead to brittleness and fragility that would not have occurred otherwise.BIOTA BOTANICALS’ products are specifically created to combat thinning-damaged hair.
Also, be careful how you style your hair. Some styles that require tight pulling and elastics, clips, etc. can be a cause of breakage if done on a daily basis.
- Take your vitamins: Vitamins are hugely important when it comes to your body’s daily functions and are essential to its growth and repair.We know certain vitamins are good for skin (including vitamins A and E, antioxidants, etc.) to ensure a healthy looking, supple and glowing complexion. The same is true for your hair. Herbal BioComplex B11, BIOTA’s proprietary combination of herbal extracts with naturally occurring minerals and essential fatty acids; works by nourishing the scalp, acting from the inside out. Regular and continued use revitalizes the appearance of hair and has dramatically shown to help with thinning hair, allowing faster growing, fuller, stronger, denser and thicker looking hair.
- Lastly, take good care of your (whole) self: Set S.M.A.R.T. (Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic and Time-Bound) goals, which will help keep you on track. Exercise is great for stress reduction, plus physical activity encourages better circulation, including at your scalp. You’ll look better and feel better from top-to-toe.