HELP HIM PUT A RING ON IT
Ready to Wed?
Brilliance.com Shares Tips on How to Get Your Guy to
“Put a Ring on it!”
By Jonathon Ohayon
You’ve been dating your boyfriend for a while now and you find yourself dreaming about your wedding day- especially now that it’s wedding season. Your calendar is filled with showers, luncheons and bachelorette parties (for your girlfriends) and you might be saying to yourself it’s about that time “he puts a ring on it!” Although you can’t force the issue (I mean, that’s not romantic), there are a few things you can do to nudge your guy into a more permanent relationship direction. Follow these tips and soon your guy may be combing Brilliance.com for a dazzling engagement ring!
· Make Sure He’s ready: I know this seems pretty obvious, but he has to be ready before you can really nudge him in the right direction. Does he use words like “we” and “us” a lot? Does he make plans for the future that include you? If he says things like, “I might study abroad next year, I’ve always wanted to travel Europe alone” this is a pretty good indicator he’s not ready to make a commitment. However, if he asks you what city have you always wanted to visit, and then you see him on Travelocity.com later that evening, read on…
· Get a Clear Idea On How He Feels about Marriage: Got a great guy but not sure how he feels about marriage? Maybe living together forever suits him just fine. Some couples (hello Goldie and Kurt) make this work and even look like a good idea, but if you really want the fairy tale and he’s just not that into it, that will be a problem. This is doubly true for adults that experienced their parent’s divorce at a young age. Talk to him, because where he stands on this issue is paramount!
· Drop Hints: OK, so you’ve made it past steps 1 and 2 and you’re sure he’s good to go on the marriage front- drop some hints! Casually mention that your co-worker is celebrating their 10 year wedding anniversary and that they’re happier than ever! Does he respond with an eye roll and yawn or does he say, “10 years huh? Imagine us a decade from now”! The trick here is to be subtle. You want to feel him out and plant a seed, not make him run for the hills!
· Be The Woman He Wants to be With: So you’ve been dating for 2 years now and sweatpants have become your go-to outfit of choice. You may have stopped going out with your friends or worse yet, you let every little thing bother you (no nagging!). The point here is to have a life and take care of yourself- just like you did when you met him. Remember, there is no way for him to see what it’s like if you weren’t in his life, if you’ve given up yours for him!
· Propose to Him Yourself: So you’ve had many fab years together and all the talks in the world about how you both want to be together- so what gives? He may just be complacent or afraid to shell out major dollars for a ring. Either way, there is one thing you could do- propose to him yourself! The newest trend in the wedding jewelry world is “Mangagement” rings. These are not re-purposed wedding bands, Mangagement rings have a prominent center stone for him flaunt!
For the past two decades, Brilliance.com has built a reputation as one of the leading retailers of diamonds, engagement rings, and fine jewelry. Each of their diamonds is hand-picked by gemologists and their jewelry is manufactured in the United States by master jewelers. As you shop for the perfect jewelry item, they’ll guide you through the process with clear, honest advice, ensuring that your choice reflects your personal style and preferences. They offer a life-time warranty on all of their jewelry; care & maintenance services, free shipping and all diamonds are guaranteed to be conflict-free. Soon 3D printing will be available for the entire collection of diamonds!
These tips are just a guide and at the end of the day, the most important person in the equation is you. If you are not sure that he is the one yet, or you find yourself still dropping hints and planning your big day, please look at that. As my dad would always say, “there’s a lid for every pot” so don’t settle for less than happiness- nothing is perfect, but have the right intentions before you start dropping hints. Marriage is a big deal and when the time is right, Brilliance.com hopes to be the jeweler of your choice.
About the Author: Jonathon Ohayon, COO of Brilliance.com has been working in the jewelry industry for over 10 years. He is a Graduate Gemologist and holds a Bachelors in Business Management. He apprenticed under the Head Gemologist of Brilliance.com for 2 years.
Photos by Ammalie Orrange Photography